The following description of Unacceptable Internet Uses (the "Description") is not intended as a comprehensive list of all impermissible activities. The activities listed in this Description are violations of the Rules; however, an unlisted activity may also be a violation of the Rules if it is an illegal, irresponsible, or disruptive use of the Internet.
A. Abuses of
system and network resources
Any activities which adversely affect the ability of other people or systems to use tabacofamily.com services or the Internet are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. denial of services attacks against another network host or individual user;
2. employing posts or programs which consume excessive CPU time or storage space;
3. permitting use of mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, or auto-responders other than for the user's own account;
4. resale of access to CGI script installed on our servers;
5. subverting, attempting to subvert, or aiding others to subvert the security of the tabacofamily.com system, facilities, and/or equipment; or
6. providing passwords or other similar security related information to others.
B. Improper Conduct
Impersonation and Forgery. The practice of "spoofing" is prohibited. Spoofing is any attempt to impersonate any person or otherwise deceive or mislead through adding, removing, or modifying network headers or other identifying information. Our Rules also prohibit the deletion of author attributions, legal notices, or proprietary designations in an effort to deceive or mislead. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
Defamation and Private Information. Our Rules prohibit the posting of defamatory, scandalous, or private information about an individual without his or her consent. Attempts, whether successful or unsuccessful, to gain access to any computer system or user's data are also impermissible.
Protected Information. The violation of trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights is an unacceptable use of the Internet and is prohibited.
Other Improper Conduct. The intentional infliction of emotional distress by use of tabacofamily.com services or the Internet is a violation of the Rules. Threats of bodily harm or destruction of property are always prohibited, whether such threat constitutes a crime or not. In addition, tabacofamily.com reserves the right to remove any material that it, in its sole discretion, considers to be obscene, lewd, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable.
Prohibited Subject Matters. Using the Internet or any tabacofamily.com services or products for the purpose of trafficking in obscene material, dealing drugs, or participating in any other activities dealing with subject matters that are prohibited under federal or state law is prohibited.
Prohibited Conduct. Any conduct that constitutes harassment, fraud, stalking, abuse, or a violation of federal export restrictions in connection with use of the Internet or tabacofamily.com services or products is prohibited. Using the tabacofamily.com system to solicit the performance of any illegal activity is also prohibited, even if the activity itself is not performed. In addition, knowingly receiving or downloading a file that cannot be legally distributed, even without the act of distribution, is prohibited.
Protected Information. The unauthorized distribution or copying of copyrighted software is prohibited by these Rules. Any violation of trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights that constitutes a crime under federal or state law is strictly prohibited.
D. Abuse of the Internet
E-mail: tabacofamily.com prohibits activities by its users and users that disrupt, disable, or impede e-mail communication, such as using non-existent e-mail return addresses on commercial solicitations, subscribing someone else to a mailing list without that person's permission, and sending unsolicited e-mail. In addition, the following e-mail practices are prohibited:
1. spamming: sending unsolicited advertising to numerous e-mail addresses or newsgroups and/or generating a significantly higher volume of outgoing e-mail than a normal user
2. trolling: posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses
3. mailbombing: sending multiple messages without significant new content to the same user
4. interfering: intercepting, redirecting, or otherwise interfering or attempting to interfere with e-mail or communications intended for other persons or parties
Newsgroups and Mailing Lists: When posting to a newsgroup or mailing list, it is imperative that good judgment is used. Many news groups and mailing lists have their own guidelines describing what is and is not considered appropriate. Before entering a newsgroup or mailing list, you should read these guidelines and familiarize yourself with that particular newsgroup's or mailing list's acceptable use policy. In general, the following practices are prohibited:
1. cross-post articles to an excessive number of newsgroups
2. continuous posting of off-topic articles
3. spamming, as defined above
4. flames: hostile attacks or invectives aimed at a group or an individual poster
5. threatening or harassing news articles
6. forging or removing header information
7. canceling messages other than your own, other than posts forged in your name
Other Abuses. Any attempt without authorization to enter into a secured computer system will violate the Rules. Additionally, knowingly or maliciously sending or uploading files or information that contain a virus, worm, "Trojan horse" or other contaminating or destructive data is prohibited. The use of Internet Relay Chat bots, or otherwise violating any accepted policies on Internet Relay Chat, is prohibited.